Thursday, November 12, 2009

Gettin' Creative

I let my little Pumpkin paint today!! She had so much fun this morning.
Pudding spent most of this time asleep, but when she wasn't, she was bein' silly...as usual.
While painting was taking place on the table, I was working on part of a Christmas present for them...special CRAYONS!! Lucky for me, my girls aren't hard to impress. I know it's not much, but it will all come together in the end.
I thought the stars would be best for Pudding, so she could grip them well. I've still got some more to make...looking forward to it.
Take some old crayons and break/cut them up into small pieces. Mix colors however you want! I put them in a shaped baking pan and melted them at 200 degrees for about 15 min. (I would just keep an eye on it...cuz I dont remember exactly how long...oops)

Here is our little art gallery!!
I'm lovin' her big pink circle!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how your crayons turned out! I always look at your stuff and think "I can do that-maybe I should", we'll have to see if I can get motivated. I'm sure that your kids will love them.

Aweir said...

Very cool April. I love the idea for broken crayons because Heaven knows we have many! I used to toss them but now they have a greater purpose!

silly eagle books said...

I love the star crayons! And your girls' art is adorable--I love seeing what little ones create!