Friday, September 25, 2009

Today's Tutorial: Easy Ribbon Belts

This is probably one of the simplest and quickest things you could make (and almost every kid needs one). Since the season to wear jeans is coming up, I thought a tutorial on ribbon belts was in order. First off, grab your materials. I bought this ribbon on clearance @ Hobby Lobby. I love it, because it's kinda sturdy all by itself. Plus, I really like the pink and green combo. The little belt loops were .78 at Walmart.
Measure your child's waist...or your waist (I think I'm gonna make one of these for me). You can leave the ribbon single or you can double it like I did. It just gives it more strength and sturdiness. Back to doubling...take that measurement and double it. Pull the loops through until it's in the middle of your ribbon.
Sew it in place. Burn (or singe) the ends of the ribbon so it won't fray if you wash it. I then sewed down both sides of the belt and over the end. For the end, I folded both sides inward, facing each other. You can just fold both ends over together if you want. And then you're done.

5 comments:

themom said...

You are just sooo crafty !!!this is cute!!

Melissa said...

WOW that's smart!! I've been needing belts for Hailey and that looks super easy! I'm excited to try it!

Unknown said...

Maybe I'll add that to my list of crafts that I should shop for but never actually start...

Aweir said...

I am going to Hobby Lobby today and will be buying these things for Sydney. As well as the stuff for the princess tu-tu.

Shannon said...

Got your url address from Ruffles and Stuff and must say I love this post! My daughter always loses her belts. Thanks for posting! I'm gonna make time to make one of these this week. :)